About two weeks ago I decided I wanted to do something to make some MONEY. I was looking on KSL classifieds and found this guy who had and estimated 2000 comic books. I thought, "this would be a great way to make some money!" So, I bought the comics from him. After I got home I found out he only had 1400 comics. Advice to anyone making a deal of this kind, count how many you’re getting before you pay for them. Back to my money making idea. I now have 1400 comics in my living room which need to be catalogued and posted on eBay to sell. Another word of advice, think about how much time it will take you to get all of that stuff sold before calling and asking about them. If it will take more time than you have it might be better to look somewhere else. I have catalogued just over 550 of them, which took me two evenings to do, so at this rate I should be able to get them done in three more evenings. After doing this I will need to spend some evenings getting them posted on eBay. Doing this takes longer than cataloging, so I think I will be working on them for another month or two. Wow, this is a lot bigger project than I had anticipated.
Something to add to the mix, putting a picture of the comic with the auction will help it sell better. Ask yourself this question, would you want to scan the cover of 1400 comic books? I don’t either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't really want to scan in 1400 comics, either. Maybe you can hire a high school kid to do it for $20. I think that is an awesome idea! Maybe even $40, depending on how fast they are. Or maybe you can somehow work it into a "merit badge project" for the scouts, like a technology merit badge or even a entrepreneurial merit badge. I think it was your brother-in-law that said if you want to find a faster way to do something, look to the laziest employee. That would be me.
Post a Comment