It rained today and it is suppose to rain a few more times. I really like a good rain after it has been hot. The reason for this is that the rain is warm, I love being out when it is a warm rain. One time many years ago, don't really remember how long ago, I was riding my bike home from work when it started to downpour. It might have only rained for about five minutes; however, I was soaked to the skin. I know some people who would not like this because they don't like to get wet. Me I just took it in and rode on. Since it was a short rain I might have been dry before getting home.
This story reminds me of another time riding my bike home from work, it was about three years ago, and it started to hail. This time I pulled into a bank drive-thru and waited it out. Rain is one thing, hail is completely different. Getting hit in the head by hail the size of a nickel is not very fun; although, it is fun to watch. After the hail had subsided I continued home. This time it was still raining when I got home so a change of clothing was needed.
One more thing I like about the rain is that it makes everything look clean. In the early 90's I spent two years in New England. If any of you have been their you may understand what I am talking about. In the West they have what is called irrigation. In the East they don't have the foggiest idea that this is. The reason for this is they let Mother Nature do the watering for them. Needless to say, it rains more in New England then most anywhere else in the US (excluding Washington). What I would like to share about this is that one day after a rain the evergreens looked more bright and green then I have ever seen in my life. It was the most beautiful and breath-taking scene I have ever beheld with my eyes. New England is famous for its foliage each Autumn, which is very beautiful; however, not as beautiful as this bright and crisp green.
I love the Rain, and by the way New England as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've been hit by hail before, and it's not fun. It's almost like being shot with a pellet gun. I can't speak regarding a warm rain in New England, but if it's anything like you describe, I bet it's amazing.
I love the rain, but some people just don't like getting their underpants wet.
Hey, Chit Chatt... it's a valid concern. One could get a rash or something.
Post a Comment