Friday, October 17, 2008

Marital Bliss

Before I got married I had a phylosophy about getting married. Their are only about four things required for a wedding: someone to get married too, a place to have the wedding, someone to perform the ceremony, and a couple of witnesses. This is all that is requied to getting married. However, if you want a wonderful day that will be remembered for a long as you live you will need a few more things. I am writing this because Jennifer's and my wedding day was the most wonderful day in all the world (at least up to this point). I think having a baby will rank up their as one of the most wonderful days; that will have to wait, at least for nine months. So, how was our wedding day the most wonderful? It took three months of preperation. Granted some people have done it in two or even one; we wanted to be alive for our wedding so we took three. I recommend not going past three months. We spent those three months planning our invitations, who we would invite, what food would be served at the luncheon and reception, what cake we would have, how the reception would be decorated, and many other such things. We also needed to get a dress for Jennifer (well she did that one without me). By the way, JEN LOOKED NICE IN THAT DRESS, RARRRR. We needed to get a tux for me, get the honeymoon planned, etc. All of this planning went into our wonderful wedding day (also some loss of sleep on Jen's part, she took care of that for both of us). Despite all of this planning and preperation the day would not have been wonderful if it had not been for everyone who pitched in and helped. I would like to say thank you to everyone who helped make our wedding day wonderful. It truly would not have happened if it had not been for all of you. THANK YOU!!!

As for being married it is wonderul. Each day life gets better and better. My love for Jennifer grows and it's hard to leave for work in the morning. The work day takes too long and the weekend goes by too fast. One thing I have found about being married is that you can never know how wonderful it is unless you get married. It is like life just instantly becomes 10 times better. For everyone who has not had the chance to experiance marriage I wish you the best and hope you find that someone special soon.

P.S. For everyone thinking I was hinting that we are expecting, sorry the answer is no.

3 comments:

JMadd said...

Life is 10 times better and marriage is even more wonderful than I ever thought it could be. I love you! And I'm so happy that I picked you.

JMadd said...

And that you picked me ;)

Karen Decker said...

Great to see you blogging again. :) I am Happy that you are so Happy. Way to go!