About two weeks ago I purchased an Ant Farm. The ants don’t come with the farm because ants only live about 1-3 months. This meant that I needed to order the ants and wait for them to arrive. Well, they arrived today at work and so I put them in the Ant Farm. At first they needed some time to get use to the new environment. This did not take them long and then they started to dig. Most everyone at work was fascinated by the ants and their digging. Many people would come into my office and watch the ants while they work. Every once in a while I would watch them and see how far they had gotten in the digging. Before I left work they had a small pile of gel at the top of the farm (I got the kind with the gel which serves as their food). I am looking forward to seeing how far they have gotten during the night. One sad thing is that the weekend is coming up and they will get lots done during that time. :(
Up until today no one was interested in my Ant Farm. Now that the ants have arrived many people have made comments about them. Most of the comments have been about getting one for their children. I think I have started something at work. Granted I purchased two sets of ants so that another guy at work could get an Ant Farm of his own and not have to wait for the ants; the ants need to wait for their new home. It has been exciting to watch the ants and I look forward to seeing what tunnels they dig. I think everyone should have at least one Ant Farm in their life. They are very fascinating and ants are very smart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Reading about the ant farm still makes me itchy.
I think I need to see this ant farm for myself. I am amazed because I've never even thought about ant farms until I met you. I think I'm sold on getting one for Mr. T's birthday.
Post a Comment