Last week my wife and I worked long hours making a Halloween costume for the contest at my work. Thursday night I wrote a blog post which never got posted because it got deleted some how. Anyway, we were up until 2:00 in the morning on Thursday getting everything finalized on the costume. On Friday morning I was so excited to win the iPod Touch that was being given away for the best costume. This is until I got to work and saw some of the other costumes. I started to doubt I would win. Its amazing how much people will work for a great prize like an iPod Touch.
Today the voting was finalized and the votes were counted. I am sad to say the iPod went to someone else. However, he had a great costume. This guy looks a lot like Johnny Depp and he dressed up as Edward Scissorhands. He looked really good. Infact one person asked who let Edward Scissorhands enter the contest.
Before starting to put the costume together I wondered how much would be too much to spend on a costume and it still be worth it. Granted since we made the costume we now have a nice jacket, shirt, and pants. These can be used again for another contest. It's still disappointing to not win the big prize. Well, their is always next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Shucks! I wanted you to win. Edward Scissorhands is too scary.
Call for a recount. You should have won. Your costume was amazing.
I definitely think you should have won that blue ribbon! I saw pictures of your costume, and I thought it looked great! No one even likes Edward Scissorhands.
Post a Comment