Saturday, April 26, 2008

Good and Bad about coming from a large family.

The name of this blog comes from the fact that I am the tenth child in a family of fifteen children. Whenever I tell people this most of them are amazed and ask what it was like being part of a large family. While I was growing up it was not always easy because I would get lost in the crowd of children running around the house, on the flip side could take off on an adventer and not be missed until dinner time. I also needed to fight for my place in the family, which we definatly had our share of. Now that all of us are older we care about each other and enjoy getting together for family activities. Most of these activities are for the nieces and nephews: baby blessings, baptisms, ordinations to the Priesthood, birthdays, and weddings. I have had many great times at these get togethers and love talking with my family. It would be nice if we all lived close to each other.

A list of good things.
Always someone to play a game with.
Getting rides from an older sibling.
Many nieces and nephews to play with and tease.
Older brothers to take care of bullies.
Having someone to show you around at a new school.
Many people to share in the accomplishment of life.

A list of not so good things.
Taking care of the younger children (I didn't have to do this one as I was one of the younger ones.)
Not always having enough food at dinner (or learning how to load your plate the first time because their was not seconds)
Getting a small portion of dessert when ever their was a dessert.
Having to put up with load music.
Having a very limited amount of time in the bathroom to get ready in the morning.
Sharing a room until 18 years old.
Older brothers who are bullies.

All of these things helped to bring my family closer together. I love each one of my siblings. The lists above are just a few of the reasons why I love them.

2 comments:

JMadd said...

Hey Old Man, L-U-V the blog. It showed a lot of perspicacity. It made me chuckle because I can just see your happy little eyes telling it. I look forward to more of your forays into cyberspace.

JMadd said...

BTW - I won't make you look it up. Perpicacity means "clearness of understanding or insight; penetration, discernment."